Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mix & Match Cosmo Collections


This layout is dedicated to a man I met years ago while working at the church. He and I initiated a number of new programs, and an "out of the box" worship service together. He's like a dad to me. He's had some tests done recently and I worry about his health. On Monday nights for the past 4 yrs he and his wife meet with us for Bible study. On Father's Day we were blessed to have them join us at the coffeehouse after church. I had just received a Cosmo Early Girl crafting kit - and was tickled to see that Marv's shirt matched one of the papers. (LOL)

"This Marvelous Man" actually has Cosmo papers from the Christmas Be Good, Wanted and Early Bird lines. How cool is that? Cosmo Cricket continually produces new lines that coordinate with the "old". What a great way to use small amounts left from a previous favorite line!

I love Marv's treasured, and worn, straw hat. I incorporated jute into the layout, which also goes well with the Wanted paper used. (Our friends favorite respite is a place called "The Ranch" - using a western paper design shares a bit of who Marv is.)

The larger letters in the title were created using a Cosmo die-cut letter sheet, that happened to be missing the M-A-N that I needed. I used it as a stencil, tracing with pencil, and cut out letters with a craft knife. Red brads add a little pop to this layout. The red, in small amounts, really makes a difference.


I found a lapel in my stash that was perfect to use - no doubt mailed to the church as a promo. The back was filed off so I could use it on the page. I just happened to find a piece of leather in my "misc. fiber" drawer, and wove it around the jute. I love finding little details in my stash drawers!

Do you have an elderly friend dear in your life? Marv's recent health problems really made me consider how much he will be missed when God takes him from this earth. I wanted to be sure I had a page dedicated to the man he is, and how much he means to me.

If you haven't found time to create a page like this about someone you love, please make it a priority. Often we never realize how much we miss a person until they are gone.

1 comment:

  1. I love all your work but being the heritage gal I am this is my favorite.

    Good luck with the blog - it looks great

    ReplyDelete